Based on myriad research studies, the positive effects of fish oil in the human body are downright amazing. Almost daily, published research studies prove that the scientific society is finding out more and more wonderful health effects of this amazing omega 3 oil. If you have not been able to discover for yourself the amazing health benefits of this essential fatty acid, here are some of the proven benefits that you should know about:
- Hair care – this omega 3 oil found in certain types of fatty fish aids in maintaining a good luster of the hair. This essential fatty acid contains properties that promote hair growth as it gives proper nourishment to the hair follicles. For this reason it helps in promoting rapid development of hair and reduces the chances of hair loss.
- Aids in Fertility – preliminary studies done on boar have revealed that when male boars are given a specific diet containing fish oil the sperms’ overall quality is enhanced.
- Pregnancy – omega 3 fatty acids that are found to be very useful in conceiving women as the DHA present in it aids in the development of the brain and eyes of the baby. Furthermore, it also helps in reducing the risk of premature births, miscarriage and low weight at birth.
- Ulcers – weight loss, loss of appetite, nausea, indigestion, heartburn, pain in the abdomen are some of the symptoms of peptic ulcer. Because of the presence of DHA and EPA, these omega 3 fatty acids found in fish can be beneficial in cases of ulcers brought about by NSAIDs.
- Cancer – these omega 2 fatty acids are beneficial in delaying weight loss in patients who are suffering from pancreatic cancer. Supplements made from these fatty acids can also be a great help to patients who are suffering from cancer-related hyperlipidemia.
- Anxiety and depression – since fish oil is rich in omega 3 fatty acids, it is great for alleviating the symptoms of anxiety, depression, mental fatigue, sadness, stress, restlessness, reduced sexual drive, tendencies of suicide and other disorders of the nervous system.
Majority of these positive health effects of fish oil may be attributed to the abundance of omega 3 essential fatty acids such as EPA or Eicosapentaenoic acid and SHA or Docosahexaenoic acid. ALA or Alphalinoleic acid and GLA or Gamma-linolenic acid are some other types of essential fatty acids. Fish oil can also help lower triglyceridesand LDL cholesterol.