Many people think that a home remedy will not work for something as painful as arthritis, but this is simply not true! There are some great natural remedies for arthritis pain that are easy and affordable to make.
Arthritis is a prevalent condition that affects about one in six people. COX-2 inhibitors, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), injectable corticosteroids and narcotic analgesic drugs are all used in the treatment of arthritis and all of these arthritis pain relievers have side effects. Did you know that you can find natural treatments for arthritis that are effective, easy to make and are inexpensive as well? Here are five natural remedies for dealing with painful arthritis:
1. Using warm coconut oil, massage the affected joint gently. Do this daily and it will alleviate your arthritis. You can also used warmed olive oil instead of warm coconut oil.
2. Warm vinegar is also used as a massage agent. While this osteoarthritis remedy is less popular because of the smell, it can be highly effective. It is best to massage the affected joints with vinegar just before going to bed.
3. Black cherry juice can be good for arthritis. For this remedy to be effective you may have at the very least two glasses of black cherry juice daily. Juicing for arthritis pain has become a common practice.
4. Ginger also could help in alleviating arthritis discomfort. Ginger is an antioxidant that will not give you any negative side effects. There are a couple ways to use ginger. You can have a cup of ginger tea prior to eating your breakfast or ginger powder can be used in a hot bath to relieve arthritis pains.
5. Cinnamon also is one of the exceptional home remedies for arthritis. For this remedy, mix one half teaspoon of cinnamon powder with one tablespoon of honey. You may have this every morning prior to eating your breakfast and you should be able to see results within one week of continued use.
Natural treatments are significantly superior to drug treatments as far as side effects are concerned. But, if your arthritis is severe, you may need to speak with your physician about medical treatments that you can use in addition to the natural remedies for arthritis pain.